Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sorry, it's been a while!

So, I was kindly reminded by my mother that I haven't posted anything on here in a while. Truth is, I just kind of forget about blogging. So sorry about that! So let's see what's been happening.
Well, I have started meeting with my supervisor, Liesa, who is teaching me my job. I will be doing logistics planning for the churches that come down for mission trips...booking hotels, transportation, purchasing supplies, that kind of thing. It's not super complicated, just have to learn the usual way of doing things here. I came during a good time to learn. It's a slow season for church trips, so I can get broken in before the busy season (summer) starts. I work with Reap North Peru. The main job of this team is to be a go between between churches and the villages throughout Peru. A church from the states first comes down on a vision trip. The church will go to an area in Peru that has virtually no Christians. The church will then pick which town, or people group, they specifically feel called to. They then commit to coming down at least 4 times a year to minister to and plant churches within these people groups. I don't know the number of churches that come down for sure, but it's in the hundreds. But Peru is huge, and there are still hundreds of unreached villages. Our goal is to eventually reach all of Peru for the Lord. It's been great getting to work after those months in language school. And hopefully soon, I will be able to start traveling with some of the churches out to their areas. I'm looking forward to that!
Well, I'm still adjusting to the Spanish here. I believe I mentioned before that it's very different, so it's taking some getting used to. But i've managed to survive so far! I have continued to have some strange, but interesting experiences here. I'll have to share those stories another day! There are so many!
What else? I returned to the ear doctor this past Monday. Doesn't look good. I still have a hole in my eardrum, and instead of healing, the hole has actually grown quite a bit. The doctor tells me the only way for that to heal is through surgery. Needless to say, that was not on my list of things to do while here in Peru. But I am going to another doctor next week for a second opinion, so we'll see what happens. I will keep updates about this.
Well, that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment