So I thought I would try to elaborate on a few of the strange, interesting experiences that I have lived these first few weeks here. Let me start with last night.
Last night, I was heading to bed, turning all the lights in the house off. Well, as I turned off the back porch light, it electrocuted me. Now obviously it was super terribly, I’m alive. But I felt it go up my arm pretty strongly. My finger turned purple, and the hair on my arm was singed…it hurt something bad. Well today, my finger is no longer purple, but my arm hair looks pretty funny – you know that singed look.
What else, a friend and I went to a movie theatre the other night. As we’re waiting for the movie to start, a group of about 6/7 couple come in decked out in 70’s clothes. I’m talking huge afros, bell bottoms, and bright, sparkly tie dyed shirts. The couple split up and went and sat throughout the theatre, leaving my friend and I to wander what this absurdity was. Then enters a man with a guitar, who starts going around the theatre asking people if they were Peruvian. So we thought, these people are about to break out and song and dance for us. Well, after a couple minutes, the group gathers back together, grabs bags, and then begins to walk around again. They start handing out candy, aka halls cough drops, to everyone. And then they leave, leaving my friend and I shaking our heads. We wanted a song and dance! What a disappointment!
And one more incident, that was kind of scary, but trust me I’m fine. A couple on the street tried to scam me. I talked to this nice lady for a while (thinking it was a good opportunity to practice my Spanish), but when she and her partner in crime tried to pay me $10,000 to take a taxi with them, I decided that was my getaway clue. But they didn’t like that apparently, cause they followed me for a while. I walked for an hour up and down streets, till I finally knew they were no longer following me. I was pretty shaken up the rest of the day, but since then, I haven’t seen those shady characters. At least I learned a lesson about talking to seemingly nice ladies.
So those are a few of my incidences. I’m hoping everything calms down soon, but then again, that would make life boring, and life here is certainly not that!
No comments:
Post a Comment