Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Spiders!

As many of you know, I am terrified of spiders. Well, the last few weeks, I feel like I've improved in my fear. I see quite a few small ones, and just kill them and don't think anything else about them. So I've been kind of proud of myself. But every night when I go to bed I check all the walls and crevices looking for things that don't belong, mainly spiders. Well, Saturday night, I went to bed, and after I got in bed, I realized that I had not checked the walls. This was the first time since I've been here! I was so proud of myself. Oh, well about 10 minutes later, someone turned on a light outside my room, and I noticed on the wall something moving down it. I thought, that would be a spider, the one night I don't check for them. So I get up and turn the light on and sure enough it's a spider! I guarantee you that I won't be going to bed without checking for spiders again. Well, then the next day, as I was sitting in my bed, reading or something, I thought about that spider and how I hadn't seen them in a while, and how it had turned out kind of ironic the night before. Then, I leaned down to put my shoes on, and there is another spider, this one kind of large, right next to my shoe!
So then, I had hoped that that would be all I would see. Well, this morning, I woke up bright and early. And just when I woke up, I looked over at the wall that is directly next to my bed, and what do you know, there's a spider! And this spider is unlike any I had ever seen before. It was whisker looking things coming out the front of his head. And his body was shaped like a triangle. It was like 4 inches wide! well, I didn't waste any time leaping out of bed and running to my family, asking for help. And when I'm nervous, the Spanish doesn't always come out. I started talking in English, and they all just look at me like I've lost my mind. Then when I do try to talk in Spanish all that really comes out is "Arana!" (which is spider) My "dad" came and killed the spider with a large stick. My family was also amazed at this strange, large spider. They said they hadn't seen anything like it before either. Now why couldn't that spider have gone to someone else's room. Why mine? But you know, I think spiders know that I'm terrified, and are drawn to me. I am going to be anxious when I go to sleep in the room again!
Now, I know this is kind of a random blog, but I just wanted to share with you how my life works.

No comments:

Post a Comment