Psalm 63:1-4 says "O God, you are my God, I seek you, my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; I will lift up my hands and call on your name."
WOW! is what I always think after I read this passage. It is just so amazing to me! The first part, my soul thirsts for you and my flesh faints for you. I should long for the Lord like I am in a dry and weary land where there is no water. That's pretty powerful. I can't say that I always desire the Lord that way, but I want to! I want to depend on God so much, that He is the only way I can survive. I know he is, but I don't always live like that. And he is power and glory! My favorite part of these verses is "your steadfast love is better than life." Again, wow! God's love is better than anything that I could ever want to get in life. If his love is better than that, that means his love is sufficient, and I should thirst and yearn for that!
My prayer is that I will yearn for the Lord and his love more and more everyday. I will continue to lift up my hands and call on the name of the Lord!
Wow... God is awesome! I have been meditating on this verse all week long. I'm praying for you girl. I can't wait to hear how the Lord uses you! Miss you :)
ReplyDelete