Friday, October 22, 2010

Return to the Jungle!

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I will be flying back out to the jungle!! I will spend the next ten days working with Bryan Baptist Association from Oklahoma. With the current plan, it looks like I will be able to return to two villages that I have worked in previously, which I am thrilled about! First we will start off down the river and stop in Mishana. You may remember that Mishana is where we ended up working in July when our boat broke down. We will pick up three men from that village to take with us to our final destinations. These men will be assisting and helping with discipleship in the other villages. So we won't be in Mishana long, but long enough to catch up with some of the wonderful people I got to know back in July. I can't wait to see how they are doing!! Then we will leave from Mishana to head to three villages of the Iquito tribe (New Atalaya, San Antonio, and Ungalahaul). The group from Bryan Baptist will split up among the three villages, as well as the three men from Mishana. I will be with the group that is going to New Atalaya. We will work in this village for about eight days. I spent two weeks in New Atalaya back in February, so I cannot wait to see some of those sweet women that I got to know!!
Things you can pray for:
-The team from Bryan Baptist as they fly into Peru tonight.
-Safe travels up the river to all of our destinations
-The leaders in these villages....pray we can teach and guide them
-For the women in New Atalaya...we will be holding women's Bible studies.

Thank you so much for your prayers!
I will bring updates from this trip as soon as I return to civilization!


This is Doris, the pastor's wife, who lives in New Atalaya. She is a leader among the women.

Alejandro's family...the last time we were there, they were so close to making a decision for Christ. Please pray we will have good opportunities to talk to them this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment