Saturday, November 28, 2009

survived!

Well, I survived my first Thanksgiving/ Birthday out of country! I enjoyed skyping with my dad's side of the family for a couple hours. It was great to see everyone. And of course, we had to get a family photo. Kinda - Mom, Dad, and Keith were in South Carolina. I am in Peru, and Kevin is in Italy, so Kevin and I were in the picture via computer! Creative I must say! Technology does wonders these days! I then headed to a feast with other missionaries in the area, and it was a great time! There was more food than I could have imagined. I did feel a touch of sadness as we gathered in a circle to pray before we ate. Just felt like I should have been with my family. But don't worry - that didn't last long. As soon as the prayer was done, someone announced my birthday, and that was followed by a rousing version of Happy Birthday. I know I was like 10 different shades of red! Wasn't expecting that one! We ate and played cards, and ate some more (way too much!). And to start the Christmas season off right, we ended the night with the classic "Home Alone." It was a good day!
I've put my Christmas tree up in my apartment and have started listening to Christmas music in preparation for the season. But it just seems a little harder here, with the weather warming up. It's different, but good!
Well, I do hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving!
Here is the family picture - love it!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this picture! So funny. And I love that you watched Home Alone. I made Amber watch it with me a week ago. It's never to early to start celebrating Christmas... we have a small tree and lights up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picture, even though I am in it. The two by computer make it! DAD

    ReplyDelete