Well, I have arrived back in Lima after my trip to the jungle. This trip was my last ministry trip working with the IMB. The thought of that is kind of bitter sweet, but it was a great trip to end on. As I mentioned in my last blog, I went back to the wonderful village of Atalaya with the Bryan Baptist Association. The overall trip was very encouraging (and the group was awesome to travel with!). The team split to work in 3 different villages. The work being done in each village is remarkable. In Ungurahual, the size of the church has doubled in the last year. In San Antonio, one of the leaders in the church has got his act together, quit drinking, and has made a serious commitment to follow the Lord.
As I mentioned before I worked in Atalaya, along with 3 other wonderful ladies. We continued with women's Bible studies that take place with each trip. These studies were some encouraging times with the ladies. I can remember the first time I was in this village last February, and I can see how much these women have grown spiritually over the last year. They have more understanding of what it means to be a Christian, and are seeking to grow continually.
We were probably most encouraged by a couple, Sonia (who I have come to be close friends with) and Alejandro. Sonia gave her life to the Lord in October of last year, and Alejandro gave his life to the Lord in January. They were both baptized in January. You can see in the eyes of each of them that they are eager to grow and learn and live for the Lord. In fact, Alejandro, after he was saved and baptized in January, went up the river to the next town just to share his testimony with them! No one had told him or taught him how to do that. He just felt the Lord leading him in that direction! My heart wanted to burst with joy when I heard that! We were able to have some great conversations and times of discipleships with both of them. The change in them will be slow, gradual. They have a lot of past issues to work out, but who doesn't? They want to serve the Lord and I cannot wait to see how God is going to use them to reach the rest of that village!
So yea, this was my last ministry trip, which is really sad; however I saw God moving in some awesome ways, which just fills me with joy! The countdown to my finish date has begun...26 days! unreal...
No comments:
Post a Comment