This month, I traveled with a group of students from McNeese State University, which is Louisianna, to Huaraz, which is in the mountains of Peru. It was a great group of 11 students. During the week, we worked in 5 different villages near Hauraz. There are no churches in any of the villages, so we were working on bringing the name of Christ through door to door evangelism as well as Bible studies in the evenings. The students boldly shared their faith, and we encountered many who had never heard the name of Jesus before. In a couple of the villages, Bible studies were started, and a pastor who lives in Huaraz plans to continue working in those villages and with those Bible studies. Also, a great foundation was laid for other students who will be working in those same areas later this year. I'm excited to see how God will continue to work in those villages!
This coming Monday, I will actually be going back to Huaraz. Next week is an anual pastor's conference that Ingleside Baptist Church from Georgia sponsors. I'm looking forward to getting back to Huaraz!

Sharing Christ with a lady, in the rain!
Waiting for the Bible study to begin
Me with a precious baby lamb...his mom had abandoned him :(
A couple of Quechua believers outside their home
Glacier and Lake Llanganuco
The lamb is precious! and so is the one holding it. the lake is absolutely gorgeous!
ReplyDelete