Friday, March 12, 2010

the ear saga continues

Well, It's been a while since I've given an update on my ear sage. So here is a short update.
I haven't really noticed any change in my ear, not better or worse. I went back to the doctor today, and he confirmed my thoughts. The hole has not grown any smaller at all. The doctor is pretty set on the fact that I'm going to have to have surgery on it, but he would like to avoid that. He decided to try another growth stimulate on the eardrum to see if that would make any difference. He said this technique rarely works, but it was worth a shot, since my next option is the surgery. So I still have this last hope of avoiding surgery. Vamos a ver.
He said the eardrum has not healed at all because it's covered in scar tissue. Poor ear.
so I will return in one month, and that will be a deciding visit - surgery or not.
Please pray this last option works. I'm not exactly thrilled at the thought of having my ear cut halfway off and sharp objects cutting at my ear drum. Just sayin....

No comments:

Post a Comment