Sunday, February 14, 2010

Visita de mi hermanito (Keith's visit)

Well, I've had a very fun week! Keith came to visit me for the whole week! It's been since Christmas of 2008 since I've seen him, so it was good to see him again. We spent the week just hanging out here in Lima. This is his favorite place in the world, so he was happy to just chill ( I think!). We visited some parks, museums, the beach, and best of all, we swam with sea lions! Yup, we took a 4 hour boat tour off the coast of Lima. while on the tour, we reached an island full of hundreds of sea lion, and we were able to swim with them. They were so close! It stank to high heaven, but it was a really fun experience! Keith left me last night, and I must say I was sad to see him go. And last night and today have been way too quiet without him here :(
But my next adventure awaits me. Today, I'm flying up to Iquitos, which is in the jungle of northern Peru. From there, I will take a boat up the Amazon River to a little town called Nueva Atalaya. I will be spending the next two weeks there in the jungle. Two volunteers (girl Casey and boy Casey) and a translator will be heading there with me. Girl Casey and I will be working with the women, having a Bible study with them. We will also be teaching them some English. The boy Casey and translator, Luis, will be doing research in the area. I am absolutely thrilled to be heading out there for a full two weeks. I am, however, a little scared about the giant spiders that make their home in this village. Please, I ask your prayers for this. May sound silly, but most of you know by now that I am truly terrified. I don't want the fear to take away from my experience or from focusing on ministry. Please pray also that God will give understanding to these women, and the right words to Casey and I as we share with them. Thanks!
Update in two weeks!
A few pics from Keith's visit:

Keith and I admiring the sunset over the Pacific

Overlooking Lima

At the waterpark here in Lima

Swimming with the sea lions!

It was really fun!

1 comment: