Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vacation!

Well, after 5 weeks of study, we decided it was time for a mini vacation. On Friday, Katie, Lina, and I left for Lake Atitlan. The ride to the lake was on curvy roads through the mountains. The cliffs were so sharp and the drivers here like to pass other cars anytime, no matter if the curve is sharp or regardless of how far up the road they can see. I found myself holding my breath several times, and praying that we would make it! Well, good news, we did. And I was able to enjoy a peaceful weekend on a lake surrounded by volcanoes. It was beautiful! We had the chance to take a small boat across the lake. And Lina and I went kayaking in some awesome waves! It was a wonderful weekend - much needed! And I survived the ride back home, even though at times, I thought we were gonna bounce right off the side of the cliff!
Well, I took my test for completing book 1 today. It was hard! Not sure of the outcome...but we will see!
Oh, and Friday marks the halfway point of language school! Only 6 weeks to go! Man time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment