So, what does Hamburguesa have to do with anything?
I am known by every kid in that village as Hamburguesa (con queso). Hamburguesa mean hamburger in spanish (and con queso means with cheese). My name is typically difficult for the people here to pronounce. So at the beginning of the trip, I was telling one of the kids my name, and they were having a hard time with it. One of the students jumped in and told the kid my name was hamburguesa (the beginning sounds the same), and from there the name took off. Every day, every where I went, kids were yelling out "Hamburguesa!" So I must say I've become quite fond of my new nickname!
But besides that little insight, this trip truly was amazing. Every student on this trip had a real heart for God, and they worked hard every day in the homes of the people, working alongside of them, and sharing Christ's love. Each night the students led a Bible study for the village, which went great each night. They also lead a men's Bible study in the morning, and a women's Bible study some afternoons. But there was constant sharing of God's Word in people's houses.
It is so evident that God is at work in that village of Chirani. There are only a handful of believers, but many of them are seeking and asking questions about what being a Christian is about. It was so amazing to see, and a blessing to me as well.
Six of the students and two translators will be returning to that village on Sunday to stay for another four weeks. Please pray for them as they live with the people, and that God will continue to move in the hearts of those people.
Beautiful village!

Aracelli (a translator) with some of the children from the village

Edith studying her Bible
Home made see-saw

Christian leaders in the village
A day at the river!
p.s. For those of you wandering about spider stories...I have none! There were tarantulas in the village, but I was fortunate to not have seen one. One of the college students had one on her tent, but God was good to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment